Who wouldn’t be intrigued by exotic and unique lands, or the mysterious legacies of civilizations long gone, or perhaps the exceptional creations of today’s man? We have all probably dreamt about discovering and getting to know the many natural and man-made wonders of our world.
Currently there are around a thousand sensational places on Earth that are unique from a natural or a cultural perspective. In 1952 UNESCO started an international campaign to save the monumental sites of Egypt-Nubia. This lead to the creation of the World Heritage Convention in 1972 that has since become a worldwide movement. The convention protects universally significant properties by obliging the countries joining the convention to undertake global responsibility for the protection of sites contained on the World Heritage List.
The “Cradles of Culture” series introduces these fantastic and priceless places and takes us to many countries of the world on almost all the continents.
COME AND JOIN US ON OUR JOURNEY AND ADMIRE THE TREASURES OF EUROPE:
- the jewel of the Hungarian “Palócföld”, the old town of Hollókő
- the historical city centre of the diverse Cesky Krumlov in the south of the Czech Republic
- the legendary Saint Michael’s Mount or Mont Saint Michel in France
- Bryggen, the Hanseatic merchant houses in Bergen, at the gates of the world famous fjords. and Slovakia, Poland,
- Hungary, Croatia, Austria, Germany, Transylvania, Italy locations
YOU CAN ALSO FEAST YOUR EYES ON THE CREATIONS OF CULTURES ON OTHER CONTINENTS, SUCH AS:
- Borobudur in Indonesia; the stone fortress of Buddhist teaching and also the world’s largest Buddhist building
- Ambohimanga, the sacred royal mound of the Imerina royal family on the Island of Madagascar.
- Palmyra, the Bride of the Desert in the beautiful oasis of queen Zenobia, in Syria
- Petra, the once flourishing capital of the Nabataeans in Jordan and Lebanon, Israel, India, Turkey, Thailand locations
Travel with us on this extraordinary trip and let the wonders of the past and the present enchant you. Listen to what these unique places have to tell us and get to know their history that is sometimes laced with legends.